Auto insurance discounts.
There are many discounts insurance companies offer to attract
clients. These discounts can make a real difference in your insurance
quote. The two most common are:
- a multi policy discount applies when another insurance policy,
other than auto, is bought through the same company, e.g. homeowner
- a multi car discount applies by having more than one car on
the same insurance policy. It may lower the cost by up to 25%.
Besides the two major discounts mentioned above, there are less
significant discounts you may take advantage of when buying
or renewing an auto insurance policy. Among them are:
- a defensive driving\mature driver course discount, professional
discounts, safety\anti-theft devices, low mileage and college
student discounts. Some auto insurance brokers also offer renewal
Always remember to:
- get an auto insurance quote from several companies and compare
them. Different insurance companies take different things into
account when quoting, and these days more insurance brokers
provide comparison quotes online.
- try to maintain both a good driving record and good credit.
- find out the price of insuring a car before you buy it. What
you pay for auto insurance depends on the price of the car and
its features, e.g. cars equipped with an airbag will always
be cheaper to insure.
- if your car is older it makes sense to give up collision
and comprehensive coverage to the lower insurance price.
© iStockphoto.com - LDF
- auto insurance coverage may overlap with other insurance
products you already have, like an umbrella insurance
policy, which often pays for liability on your car. Other duplicate
insurance might include: personal injury coverage within your
auto insurance and health
insurance, or towing coverage within auto club benefits
of which you are already a member.
See also: auto
insurance cost, insurance
quote online, auto
loans, gap insurance
Related topics: lowering
auto insurance cost